Brief History Of Our Club...
Cherry Lodge existed as a farm going back as far as 1850. The original avenue of Cherry trees was planted in 1851 and exists to this day as you drive into our club. The farm stayed in the family of the original owner until 1933, when it was then sold to a Covent Garden Trader.
In 1967 as the farming industry waned, the two freehold owners decided to develop the land as a golf course. John Dory was appointed to oversee its construction and design.
Cherry Lodge golf course opened in 1969, a par 75 measuring 6908 yards
The golf club was sold in 1985, and then again 7 years later, when it became a wholly owned private members club. There has been many changes to the course over the years, the most recent being in 2014, when the course was remodelled over a 3 year period with a £1.5 m investment. The result of this major undertaking is today’s par 72 6395 yard course.